• To act as a national centre for the protection and prevention of child abuse and neglect
• To facilitate the promotion, defense and advocacy of children’s rights as set out in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC) & the Children’s Act.
• To collaborate and network with organizations having ideals similar to those of AMPCAN.
• To create awareness on child abuse and child protection issues in Ghana and, where appropriate, initiate actions to restore normalcy and to create a safer environment for the optimal growth of the child.
• To provide legal aid and, where necessary, institute litigation for child victims of abuse and neglect or those in conflict with the law
• To empower communities to protect their children from abuse and neglect
• To work to address the basic causes of abuse and neglect including poverty